雄州网-简阳人的网上社区

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 3322|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 11(下)

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-4-17 10:28:14 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
'He's having a go at my mother!' Seamus yelled.
What?' said Ron. 'Harry wouldn't do that - we met your mother, we liked her . . .'
'That's before she started believing every word the stinking Daily Prophet writes about me!' said Harry at the top of his voice.
'Oh,' said Ron, comprehension dawning across his freckled face. 'Oh . . . right.'
'You know what?' said Seamus heatedly, casting Harry a venomous look. 'He's right, I don't want to share a dormitory with him any more, he's mad.'
'That's out of order, Seamus,' said Ron, whose ears were starting to glow red - always a danger sign.
'Out of order, am I?' shouted Seamus, who in contrast with Ron was going pale. 'You believe all the rubbish he's come out with about You-Know-Who, do you, you reckon he's telling the truth?'
'Yeah, I do!' said Ron angrily.
'Then you're mad, too,' said Seamus in disgust.
'Yeah? Well, unfortunately for you, pal, I'm also a prefect!' said Ron, jabbing himself in the chest with a finger. 'So unless you want detention, watch your mouth!'
“他在针对我的母亲!”西莫大声喊道。
“什么?”罗恩说。“哈利不会那样做的——我们见过你的母亲,而且很喜欢她”
“那是在她相信每日先知报上写的每一句有关我的话之前的事情!”哈利用他最大声音说到。
“哦,”了解的神情出现在他布满雀斑的脸上。“哦!是的。”
“你知道什么?”西莫激动地说,对罗恩透去恶意的一瞥。“他说的对。我再也不想和他住在同一个寝室了,他疯了。”
“你已经失去理智了,西莫,”罗恩说,他的耳朵开始红了起来——这通常是一个危险的标志。
“失去理智,我吗?”西莫喊道,与罗恩相反,他的脸色变得苍白。“你相信他那些有关伏地魔的胡诌,是吧,你认为他说的是事实?”
“是的,我相信!”罗恩生气的说。
“那么你也疯了,”西魔厌恶的说。
“是吗?好吧,伙计,不幸的告诉你,我还是级长!”罗恩用伸出一根手指指着胸前。“如果你不想禁闭的话,注意你的说话!”
Seamus looked for a few seconds as though detention would be a reasonable price to pay to say what was going through his mind; but with a noise of contempt he turned on his heel, vaulted into bed and pulled the hangings shut with such violence that they were ripped from the bed and fell in a dusty pile to the floor. Ron glared at Seamus, then looked at Dean and Neville.
'Anyone else's parents got a problem with Harry?' he said aggressively.
'My parents are Muggles, mate,' said Dean, shrugging. They don't know nothing about no deaths at Hogwarts, because I'm not stupid enough to tell them.'
'You don't know my mother, she'd weasel anything out of anyone!' Seamus snapped at him. 'Anyway, your parents don't get the Daily Prophet. They don't know our Headmaster's been sacked from the Wizengamot and the International Confederation of Wizards because he's losing his marbles - '
'My gran says that's rubbish,' piped up Neville. 'She says it's the Daily Prophet that's going downhill, not Dumbledore. She's cancelled our subscription. We believe Harry,' said Neville simply. He climbed into bed and pulled the covers up to his chin, looking owlishly over them at Seamus. 'My grans always said You-Know-Who would come back one day. She says if Dumbledore says he's back, he's back.'
西莫想了几秒钟时间,好像禁闭是为他所说言论付出的一个合理的代价;但是伴随着他脚跟旋转的咯吱声,西莫猛地跳到床上,凶猛的拉下帘子,将它们从床上撕裂了下来,满是灰尘的在地板上堆成一堆。罗恩盯着他看着,然后看向迪安和纳威。
“还有谁的父母对哈利不满?”他有些攻击性地说。
“我的父母都是马格人,伙计,”迪安耸着肩说。“他们对有关霍格沃茨的事情什么也不知道,我还没那么傻告诉他们那些。”
“你不知道我的母亲,她会把任何事情告诉任何人!”西莫厉声说到。“不管怎样,你的父母不会看每日先知报。他们不会知道我们的校长因为失去理智已经被巫师陪审团和国际巫师联盟开除了——”
“我奶奶说那是胡扯,”纳威尖声说。“她说是每日先知报在堕落,而不是邓不利多。她没有订阅了。我们相信哈利,”纳威简单地说。他爬上床,把被子拉到下巴上,严肃的看着西姆斯。“我的奶奶经常说伏地魔总有一天会回来的。她说,如果邓不利多说他回来了,那他就真的回来了。”
Harry felt a rush of gratitude towards Neville. Nobody else said anything. Seamus got out his wand, repaired the bed hangings and vanished behind them. Dean got into bed, rolled over and fell silent. Neville, who appeared to have nothing more to say either, was gazing fondly at his moonlit cactus.
Harry lay back on his pillows while Ron bustled around the next bed, putting his things away. He fell, shaken by the argument with Seamus, whom he had always liked very much. How many more people were going to suggest that he was lying, or unhinged?
Had Dumbledore suffered like this all summer, as first the Wizengamot, then the International Confederation of Wizards had thrown him from their ranks? Was it anger at Harry, perhaps, that had stopped Dumbledore getting in touch with him for months? The two of them were in this together, after all; Dumbledore had believed Harry, announced his version of events to the whole school and then to the wider wizarding community. Anyone who thought
Harry was a liar had to think that Dumbledore was, too, or else that Dumbledore had been hoodwinked . . .
They'll know we're right in the end, thought Harry miserably, as Ron got into bed and extinguished the last candle in the dormitory. But he wondered how many more attacks like Seamus's he would have to endure before that time came.
哈利心头涌起一股对纳威的感激之情。房间里谁也没有再说什么。西莫拿出他的魔杖,把床上的幔帐重新修好,钻到它们后面去了。迪安也上了床,翻了个身,再也不说话了。纳威似乎也没有话要说了,非常慈爱地望着他那棵月光映照下的米布米宝。
哈利背靠枕头躺着,罗恩在旁边的床上窸窸窣窣地忙碌着收拾东西。与西莫的争吵使哈利感到心绪烦乱,他一直是非常喜欢西莫的呀。以后还有多少人会说他是骗子,说他精神失常呢?
是不是邓布利多整个暑假都在忍受这些?先被威森加摩开除,然后又被国际魔法师联合会扫地出门?是不是邓布利多生哈利的气了,这才好几个月一直没有跟他联系?不管怎么说,他们俩现在是拴在一起了。邓布利多相信了哈利,把他叙述的事情经过告诉了全校师生,然后又向范围更广的巫师界公布了。凡是认为哈利是在说谎的人,都会认为邓布利多也是个骗子,或者认为邓布利多受了蒙蔽……
他们最后总会知道我们是对的,哈利愁闷地想,这时罗恩上了床,吹灭了宿舍里的最后一根蜡烛。可是哈利接着又想,在那个时候到来之前,他还要忍受多少像西莫这样的责难呢。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表