QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 2613|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 8(上)

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-11-14 09:31:38 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
'Dementors in Little Whinging?' Madam Bones said, in a tone of great surprise. 'I don't understand - '
'Don't you, Amelia?' said Fudge, still smirking. 'Let me explain. He's been thinking it through and decided Dementors would make a very nice little cover story very nice indeed. Muggles can't see Dementors, can they, boy? Highly convenient, highly convenient . . . so it's just your word and no witnesses . . .'
'I'm not lying!' said Harry loudly, over another outbreak of muttering from the court. There were two of them, coming from opposite ends of the alley everything went dark and cold and my cousin felt them and ran for it - '
'Enough, enough!' said Fudge, with a very supercilious look on his face. 'I'm sorry to interrupt what I'm sure would have been a very well-rehearsed story - '
Dumbledore cleared his throat. The Wizengamot fell silent again.
'We do, in fact, have a witness to the presence of Dementors in that alleyway,' he said, 'other than Dudley Dursley, I mean.'
Fudges plump face seemed to slacken, as though somebody had let air out of it. He stared down at Dumbledore for a moment or two, then, with the appearance of a man pulling himself back together, said, 'We haven't got time to listen to more tarradiddles, I'm afraid, Dumbledore. I want this dealt with quickly - '
'I may be wrong,' said Dumbledore pleasantly, 'but I am sure that under the Wizengamot Charter of Rights, the accused has the right to present witnesses for his or her case? Isn't that the policy of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, Madam Bones?' he continued, addressing the witch in the monocle.
'True,' said Madam Bones. 'Perfectly true.'
'Oh, very well, very well,' snapped Fudge. 'Where is this person?'
'I brought her with me,' said Dumbledore. 'She's just outside the door. Should I - ?'
'No - Weasley, you go,' Fudge barked at Percy, who got up at once, ran down the stone steps from the judge's balcony and hurried past Dumbledore and Harry without glancing at them.
“摄魂怪在小惠金区?”博恩斯女士说,语气里透着十二万分的惊讶,“我不明白——”
“你不明白吗,阿米莉亚?”福吉仍然嘲笑地说,“让我来解释一下吧。他可真是煞费苦心啊,发现摄魂怪可以成为一个绝妙的托词,确实绝妙。麻瓜是看不见摄魂怪的,是不是,孩子?非常巧妙,非常巧妙……所以没有证人,只有你的一面之词……”
“我没有说谎!”哈利大声说道,声音盖过了审判席上再次响起的交头接耳声,“有两个,分别从小巷两头堵了过来,所有的东西都变得那么黑那么冷,我表哥摸到了它们,拼命想逃跑——”
“够了,够了!”福吉说,脸上带着一副非常傲慢的神情,“很抱歉我打断了他,我敢肯定这是一篇经过精心排练的谎言——”
邓布利多清了清嗓子。威森加摩又安静了下来。
“实际上,我们有一个证人可以证明摄魂怪确实在那条小巷出现了,”他说道,“我是说除了达力·德思礼之外。”
福吉肥胖的面孔似乎突然松懈了下来,好像有人放跑了里面的空气。他呆呆地瞪着下面的邓布利多,好一会儿之后,他像是重新振作了起来,说道:“我们恐怕没有时间再听这些胡言乱语了,邓布利多,我希望快点处理这桩——”
“我也许记得不准确,”邓布利多和颜悦色地说,“但我相信根据《威森加摩权利宪章》,被告有权请证人出庭为其作证,对吗?这难道不是魔法法律执行司的政策吗,博恩斯女士?”他问那个戴单片眼镜的女巫。
“不错,”博恩斯女士说,“确实如此。”
“哦,很好,很好,”福吉没好气地说,“这个人在哪儿?”
“我把她带来了,”邓布利多说,“她就在门外。我是不是——”
“不——韦斯莱,你去。”福吉粗暴地对珀西说。珀西立刻站了起来,顺着石头台阶从法官席上跑了下来,匆匆跑过邓布利多和哈利身边,看也不看他们一眼。
A moment later, Percy returned, followed by Mrs Figg. She looked scared and more batty than ever. Harry wished she had thought to change out of her carpet slippers.
Dumbledore stood up and gave Mrs Figg his chair, conjuring a second one for himself.
'Full name?' said Fudge loudly, when Mrs Figg had perched herself nervously on the very edge of her seat.
'Arabella Doreen Figg,' said Mrs Figg in her quavery voice.
'And who exactly are you?' said Fudge, in a bored and lofty voice
'I'm a resident of Little Whinging, close to where Harry Potter lives,' said Mrs Figg.
'We have no record of any witch or wizard living in Little Whinging, other than Harry Potter,' said Madam Bones at once 'That situation has always been closely monitored, given . . . given past events.'
'I'm a Squib,' said Mrs Figg. 'So you wouldn't have me registered, would you?'
'A Squib, eh?' said Fudge, eyeing her closely. 'We'll be checking that. You'll leave details of your parentage with my assistant Weasley. Incidentally, can Squibs see Dementors?' he added, looking left and right along the bench.
"Yes, we can!' said Mrs Figg indignantly.
Fudge looked back down at her, his eyebrows raised. 'Very well,' he said aloofly. 'What is your story?'
'I had gone out to buy cat food from the corner shop at the end of Wisteria Walk, around about nine o'clock, on the evening of the second of August,' gabbled Mrs Figg at once, as though she had learned what she was saying by heart, 'when I heard a disturbance down the alleyway between Magnolia Crescent and Wisteria Walk. On approaching the mouth of the alleyway I saw Dementors running - '
'Running?' said Madam Bones sharply. 'Dementors don't run, they glide.'
'That's what I meant to say,' said Mrs Figg quickly, patches of pink appearing in her withered cheeks. 'Gliding along the alley towards what looked like two boys.'
'What did they look like?' said Madam Bones, narrowing her eyes so that the edge of the monocle disappeared into her flesh.
'Well, one was very large and the other one rather skinny - '
'No, no,' said Madam Bones impatiently. 'The Dementors . . . describe them.'
'Oh,' said Mrs Figg, the pink flush creeping up her neck now. They were big. Big and wearing cloaks.
片刻之后,珀西回来了,后面跟着费格太太。她显得很害怕,模样比平常更加古怪。哈利真希望她能想到把她那双厚拖鞋换掉。
邓布利多站起身,把椅子让给了费格太太,又给他自己变出了一把。
“全名?”福吉大声问,这时费格太太刚刚战战兢兢地在椅子边缘坐下。
“阿拉贝拉·多里恩·费格。”费格太太用微微颤抖的声音说。
“你到底是谁?”福吉用不耐烦而高傲的声音问。
“我是小惠金区的居民,就住在哈利·波特家旁边。”费格太太说。
“在我们的记录上,除了哈利·波特外,没有任何巫师住在小惠金区。”博恩斯女士立刻说道,“那片地区一直受到严密监视,因为……因为以前发生过一些事情。”
“我是个哑炮,”费格太太说,“所以你们不会登记我的名字,是不是?”
“哑炮,嗯?”福吉怀疑地打量着她,说道,“我们会核实的。你待会儿把你父母的情况告诉我的助手韦斯莱。顺便提一句,哑炮能看见摄魂怪吗?”他加了一句,并向左右望了望长凳上的人。
“能,我们能看见!”费格太太气愤地说。
福吉又高高在上地看着她,扬了扬眉毛。“很好,”他冷冷地说,“你的说法是什么?”
“8月2日那天晚上,大约九点钟左右,我出门到紫藤路路口的拐角商店买猫食,”费格太太立刻急促地说开了,就好像她已经把要说的话都背了下来,“后来我听见木兰花新月街和紫藤路之间的小巷里传来骚乱声。我走到小巷口,看见摄魂怪在跑——”
“跑?”博恩斯女士严厉地说,“摄魂怪不会跑,它们只会滑行。”
“我就是这个意思,”费格太太赶紧说道,干瘪的脸上泛起了红晕,“在小巷里滑行,扑向像是两个男孩的人。”
“它们是什么模样?”博恩斯女士说着,紧紧眯起了眼睛,单片眼镜的边缘都陷进肉里去了。
“噢,一个块头很大,另一个瘦瘦的——”
“不,不,”博恩斯女士不耐烦地说道,“摄魂怪……你形容一下它们的模样。”
“噢,”费格太太说,现在红晕蔓延到她的脖子上了,“它们很大,很大,穿着斗篷。”

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表