QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 2273|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 7(上)

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-10-8 10:47:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
Harry awoke at half past five the next morning as abruptly and completely as if somebody had yelled in his ear. For a few moments he lay immobile as the prospect of the disciplinary hearing filled every tiny particle of his brain, then, unable to bear it, he leapt out of bed and put on his glasses. Mrs Weasley had laid out his freshly laundered jeans and T-shirt at the foot of his bed. Harry scrambled into them. The blank picture on the wall sniggered.

Ron was lying sprawled on his back with his mouth wide open, fast asleep. He did not stir as Harry crossed the room, stepped out on to the landing and closed the door softly behind him. Trying net to think of the next time he would see Ron, when they might no longer be fellow students at Hogwarts, Harry walked quietly down the stairs, past the heads of Kreacher's ancestors, and down into the kitchen.

He had expected it to be empty, but when he reached the door he heard the soft rumble of voices on the other side. He pushed it open and saw Mr and Mrs Weasley, Sirius, Lupin and Tonks sitting there almost as though they were waiting for him. All were fully dressed except Mrs Weasley, who was wearing a quilted purple dressing gown. She leapt to her feet the moment Harry entered.

'Breakfast,' she said as she pulled out her wand and hurried over to the fire.

'M - m - morning, Harry,' yawned Tonks. Her hair was blonde and curly this morning. 'Sleep all right?'

'Yeah,' said Harry.

'I've b - b - been up all night,' she said, with another shuddering yawn. 'Come and sit down . . .'

She drew out a chair, knocking over the one beside it ir the process.

'What do you want, Harry?' Mrs Weasley called. 'Porridge? Muffins? Kippers? Bacon and eggs? Toast?'

第二天早晨五点半,哈利猛地一下完全清醒过来,就好像有人冲他耳朵里大喊了一声。他一动不动地躺在那里,慢慢地,要去魔法部受审的事充满了他大脑的每个细胞。他再也无法忍受了,就从床上跳下来,戴上了眼镜。韦斯莱夫人已经把洗熨一新的牛仔裤和T恤衫放在了他的床脚边。哈利摸索着穿上它们。墙上二那幅空白的画纸在吃吃发笑。

罗恩四肢舒展地仰面躺在床上,嘴巴张得大的,睡得正香。哈利穿过房间,来到门外的楼梯平台上,反手把门轻轻关上,罗恩一直没有动弹。哈利竭力不去想当他下次再见到罗恩时,他们可能已经不再是霍格沃茨的同学了。他轻手轻脚地走下楼梯,经过克利切祖先的那些脑袋,来到下面的厨房里。

他本来以为厨房里没有人,可他刚走到门口,就听见门后传来一片低低的说话声。他推开门,看见韦斯莱先生、韦斯莱夫人、小天狼星、卢平和唐克斯都坐在那里,好像正在等他似的。他们都穿得整整齐齐,只有韦斯莱夫人穿的是一件紫色的夹晨衣。哈利一进去,她就立刻站了起来。

“吃早饭。”她一边说一边抽出魔杖,匆匆地朝火炉走去。

“早——早——早上好,哈利。”唐克斯打着哈欠说。今天早晨她的头发是金黄色的,打着卷儿。“睡得好吗?”

“挺好。”哈利说。

“我一夜没——没——没睡。”她说,又浑身颤抖着打了一个大哈欠,“过来坐下吧……”

她拖出一把椅子,结果把旁边一把椅子推翻了。

“你想吃什么,哈利?”韦斯莱夫人大声问,“粥?松饼?熏鱼?火腿和鸡蛋?面包?”

'Just - just toast, thanks,' said Harry.

Lupin glanced at Harry, then said to Tonks, 'What were you saying about Scrimgeour?'

'Oh . . . yeah . . . well, we need to be a bit more careful, he's been asking Kingsley and me funny questions . . .'

Harry felt vaguely grateful that he was not required to join in the conversation. His insides were squirming. Mrs Weasley placed a couple of pieces of toast and marmalade in front of him; he tried to eat, but it was like chewing carpet. Mrs Weasley sat down on his other side and started fussing with his T-shirt, tucking in the label and smoothing out the creases across his shoulders. He wished she wouldn't.

'. . . and I'll have to tell Dumbledore I can't do night duty tomorrow, I'm just t - t - too tired,' Tonks finished, yawning hugely again.

'Ill cover for you,' said Mr Weasley. 'I'm OK, I've got a report to finish anyway

Mr Weasley was not wearing wizards' robes but a pair of pinstriped trousers and an old bomber jacket. He turned from Tonks to Harry.

'How are you feeling?'

Harry shrugged.

'It'll all be over soon,' Mr Weasley said bracingly. 'In a few hours' time you'll be cleared.'

Harry said nothing.

The hearings on my floor, in Amelia Bones's office. She's Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, and the one who'll be questioning you.'

'Amelia Bones is OK, Harry,' said Tonks earnestly. 'She's fair, she'll hear you out.'

Harry nodded, still unable to think of anything to say.

'Don't lose your temper,' said Sirius abruptly. 'Be polite and stick to the facts.'

Harry nodded again.

The law's on your side,' said Lupin quietly. 'Even underage wizards are allowed to use magic in life-threatening situations.'

Something very cold trickled down the back of Harry's neck; for a moment he thought someone was putting a Disillusionment Charm on him, then he realised that Mrs Weasley was attacking his hair with a wet comb. She pressed hard on the top of his head.

'Doesn't it ever lie flat?' she said desperately.

Harry shook his head.

“就——就来面包好了,谢谢。”哈利说。

卢平看了一眼哈利,然后对唐克斯说:“你刚才说斯克林杰怎么啦?”

“哦……对了……是这样,我们需要更小心点儿了,他开始问我和金斯莱一些古怪的问题……”

他们没有要求哈利加入谈话,他感到松了一口气。他心里一直局促不安。韦斯莱夫人把两片面包和橘子酱放在他面前,他费力地吃着,味同嚼蜡。韦斯莱夫人在他的另一边坐了下来,开始格外细致地关心他的T恤衫,一会儿把标签塞进去,一会儿又把肩膀上的接缝抹平。哈利真希望她不要这么做。

“……我得跟邓布利多说说,我明天可不能再值夜班了,我太——太——太累啦。”唐克斯说着,又打了一个大大的哈欠。

“我来替你吧,”韦斯莱先生说,“我没事儿,反正要赶一份报告……”

韦斯莱先生没有穿巫师长袍,而是穿着一条细条裤子和一件旧的短夹克衫。他把目光从唐克斯身上转向哈利。

“你感觉怎么样?”

哈利耸了耸肩。

“很快就会结束的。”韦斯莱先生给他打气说,“再过几个小时,你就什么事儿都没有了。”

哈利什么也没说。

“受审就在我那层楼,在阿米莉亚·博恩斯的办公室。她是魔法部法律执行司的司长,到时候就由她来向你提问。”

“阿米莉亚·博恩斯挺好的,哈利,”唐克斯真心诚意地说,“她很公正,会听你把话说完的。”

哈利点点头,仍然想不出一句话来说。

“不要发脾气,”小天狼星突然说,“态度要彬彬有礼,实事求是。”

哈利又点点头。

“法律会支持你的。”卢平轻声说,“即使是未成年巫师,也应该允许在生命受到威胁的情况下使用魔法。”

一股凉飕飕的东西正顺着哈利的脖子后面往下淌,他一时间还以为有人在给他施幻身咒,接着才发现是韦斯莱夫人在用一把湿梳子对付他的头发。她用力按压着他的头顶。

“它有没有可能伏帖下来呢?”她绝望地说。

哈利摇了摇头。

Mr Weasley checked his watch and looked up at Harry. I think we'll go now,' he said. 'We're a bit early, but I think you 11 be better off at the Ministry than hanging around here.'

'OK,' said Harry automatically, dropping his toast and getting to his feet.

'You'll be all right, Harry,' said Tonks, palling him on the arm.

'Good luck,' said Lupin. 'I'm sure it will be fine.'

'And if it's not,' said Sirius grimly, 'I'll see to Amelia Bones for you . . .'

Harry smiled weakly. Mrs Weasley hugged him.

'We've all got our fingers crossed,' she said.

'Right,' said Harry. 'Well . . . see you later then.'

He followed Mr Weasley upstairs and along the hall. He could hear Sirius's mother grunting in her sleep behind her curtains. Mr Weasley unbolted the door and they stepped out into the cold, grey dawn.

'You don't normally walk to work, do you?' Harry asked him, as they set off briskly around the square.

'No, I usually Apparate,' said Mr Weasley, 'but obviously you can't, and I think it's best we arrive in a thoroughly non-magical fashion . . . makes a better impression, given what you're being disciplined for . . .'

Mr Weasley kept his hand inside his jacket as they walked. Harry knew it was clenched around his wand. The run-down streets were al most deserted, but when they arrived at the miserable little underground station they found it already lull of early-morning commuters. As ever when he found himself in close proximity to Muggles going about their daily business, Mr Weasley was hard put to contain his enthusiasm.

'Simply fabulous,' he whispered, indicating the automatic ticket machines. 'Wonderfully ingenious.'

They're out of order,' said Harry, pointing at the sign.

'Yes, but even so . . .' said Mr Weasley, beaming at them fondly.

They bought their tickets instead from a sleepy-looking guard (Harry handled the transaction, as Mr Weasley was not very good with Muggle money) and five minutes later they were boarding an underground train that rattled them off towards the centre of London. Mr Weasley kept anxiously checking and re-checking the Underground Map above the windows.

'Four more stops, Harry . . . Three stops led now . . . Two stops to go, Harry . . .'

韦斯莱先生看了看表,抬头望着哈利。

“我想我们现在就走吧,”他说,“稍微早了点儿,但我想你与其在这儿闲待着,还不如就动身去魔法部吧。”

“好吧。”哈利不假思索地说,放下面包,站了起来。

“你不会有事的,哈利。”唐克斯说着拍了拍他的胳膊。

“祝你好运。”卢平说,“我相信一切都会很顺利的。”

“如果不是,”小天狼星沉着脸说,“我就替你去找阿米莉亚·博恩斯算账……”

哈利勉强笑了笑。韦斯莱夫人使劲拥抱了他一下。

“我们都交叉手指为你祈祷。”她说。

“好的,”哈利说,“那么……待会儿再见吧。”

他跟着韦斯莱先生上了楼,走过门厅。他可以听见帷幔后面小天狼星的母亲在睡梦中喃喃低语。韦斯莱先生拔掉门闩,两人出门来到外面。天刚刚破晓,天色灰蒙蒙的,带着寒意。

“你一般不是走着去上班的,是吗?”他们步履轻快地绕过广场时,哈利问他。

“是的,我通常是幻影移形,”韦斯莱先生说,“但显然你不会,而且我们最好通过非魔法的方式去那里……给别人一个比较好的印象,要知道你受审是因为……”

韦斯莱先生走路时一只手插在夹克衫里,哈利知道那手里一定攥着魔杖。破败的街道上几乎一个人也没有,可是当他们走进寒酸的、不起眼的地铁车站时,发现里面已经挤满了早晨上班的乘客。韦斯莱先生难以抑制内心的浓厚兴趣,他每次发现自己与正在处理日常事务的麻瓜们近在咫尺时都是这样。

“真是不可思议,”他小声说,指的是自动售票机,“太奇妙了。”

“已经坏了。”哈利指着告示牌。

“是吗,但即使这样……”韦斯莱先生说,满心喜爱、笑眯眯地望着那些售票机。

他们还是从一个睡眼惺忪的管理员手里买了地铁票(这笔交易是由哈利完成的,因为韦斯莱先生不太搞得清麻瓜的货币),五分钟后,他们登上了地铁。地铁载着他们哐啷哐啷地朝伦敦市中心驶去。韦斯莱先生紧张地一遍遍核对窗户上面的地铁路线图。

“还有四站,哈利……现在还有三站……还有两站,哈利……”
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表