QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 3286|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 6(上)

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-8-15 15:11:01 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
The next thing he knew, he was curled into a warm ball under his bedclothes and George's loud voice was filling the room.
'Mum says get up, your breakfast is in the kitchen and then she needs you in the drawing room, there are loads more Doxys than she thought and she's found a nest of dead Puffskeins under the sofa.'
Half an hour later Harry and Ron, who had dressed and breakfasted quickly, entered the drawing room, a long, high-ceilinged room on the first floor with olive green walls covered in dirty .ap-estries. The carpet exhaled little clouds of dust every time someone put their foot on it and the long, moss green velvet curtains were buzzing as though swarming with invisible bees. It was aroand these that Mrs Weasley, Hermione, Ginny, Fred and George were grouped, all looking rather peculiar as they had each tied a cloth over their nose and mouth. Each of them was also holding a large bottle of black liquid with a nozzle at the end
'Cover your faces and take a spray,' Mrs Weasley said to Harry and Ron the moment she saw them, pointing to two more boitles of black liquid standing on a spindle-legged table. 'It's Doxycide. I've never seen an infestation this bad - what that house-elf's Veen doing for the last ten years - '
Hermione's face was half concealed by a tea towel but Harry distinctly saw her throw a reproachful look at Mrs Weasley.
'Kreachers really old, he probably couldn't manage - '
哈利突然看见那些动物的脑袋变成了一门门大炮,正转过来对准了他——他闪身躲藏——接下来,他发现自己在被窝里蜷缩成一个温暖的球,乔治响亮的声音在房间里回荡。
“妈妈说该起床了,你们的早饭在厨房里,然后她要你们都到客厅去,那里的狐猸子比她原来想的还要多得多,她还在沙发下面发现了一窝死蒲绒绒。”
半小时后,哈利和罗恩三下五除二地穿好衣服,吃过早饭,来到了客厅。这是二楼的一个长长的、天花板很高的房问,橄榄绿色的墙壁上挂着肮脏的挂毯。每次有人把脚踩在地毯上,就会扬起一小股灰尘,长长的、黄绿色的天鹅绒窗帘嗡嗡作响,好像里面飞着许多看不见的蜜蜂。韦斯莱夫人、赫敏、金妮、弗雷德和乔治正围在窗帘前面,每人脸上都围着一块布,掩住了鼻子和嘴巴,样子显得特别滑稽。他们每个人手里都拿着一大瓶黑色的液体,瓶口有一个喷嘴。
“把脸蒙住,拿一瓶喷雾剂,”韦斯莱夫人一看见哈利和罗恩就说,一边指着一张细长腿桌子上的两瓶黑色液体,“这是狐猸子灭剂。我从没有见过害虫这样泛滥成灾的——那个家养小精灵这十年来都做什么了——”
赫敏的脸被一块茶巾遮去了一半,但哈利清清楚楚地看见她朝韦斯莱夫人投去了不满的一瞥。
“克利切已经很老了,他大概不能做——”
'You'd be surprised what Kreacher can manage when he wnnts to, Hermione,' said Sirius, who had just entered the room carrying a bloodstained bag of what appeared to be dead rats. 'I've just been feeding Buckbeak,' he added, in reply to Harry's enquiring look. 'I keep him upstairs in my mother's bedroom. Anyway . . . this writing desk . . .'
He dropped the bag of rats into an armchair, then bent over to examine the locked cabinet which, Harry now noticed for the first time, was shaking slightly.
'Well, Molly, I'm pretty sure this is a Boggart,' said Sirius, peering through the keyhole, 'but perhaps we ought to let Mad-Eye have a shifty at it before we let it out - knowing my mother, it could be something much worse.'
'Right you are, Sirius,' said Mrs Weasley.
They were both speaking in carefully light, polite voices that told Harry quite plainly that neither had forgotten their disagreement of the night before.
A loud, clanging bell sounded from downstairs, followed at once by the cacophony of screams and wails that had been triggered the previous night by Tonks knocking over the umbrella stand.
'I keep telling them not to ring the doorbell!' said Sirius exasperatedly, hurrying out of the room. They heard him thundering clown the stairs as Mrs Black's screeches echoed up through the house once more:
'Stains of dishonour, filthy half-breeds, blood traitors, children of flith . . .'
'Close the door, please, Harry,' said Mrs Weasley.
“克利切只要想做,他能做的事准会使你大吃一惊,赫敏。”小天狼星说,他刚刚走进房间,手里拎着一只血迹斑斑的口袋,里面装的像是死耗子。“我刚才在喂巴克比克,”看到哈利脸上询问的神色,他解释道,“我把它关在了楼上我母亲的卧室里。不管怎么说——这张写字台——”
他把那袋死耗子扔进了一张扶手椅,俯身查看那个锁着的柜子,哈利这才第一次注意到那柜子在微微颤动。
“没错,莫丽,我可以肯定这是一个博格特,”小天狼星从钥匙孔里往里瞅着说道,“但或许我们最好还是先让疯眼汉给它变变形再把它放出来——它认识我母亲,可能是个厉害得多的家伙。”
“你说得对,小天狼星。”韦斯莱夫人说。
两人说话都小心翼翼,客客气气,哈利明白他们俩都还没有忘记前一天晚上的争吵。楼下传来丁丁当当刺耳的门铃声,紧接着是昨天晚上唐克斯撞翻伞架时触发的那种凄厉的尖叫哀号。
“我告诉他们多少次了,不要摁门铃!”小天狼星恼火地说,匆匆离开了房间。他们听见他脚步声很重地跑下楼去,而布莱克夫人的尖叫声又一次在整个房子里回荡起来。
接下来,他发现自己在被窝里蜷缩成一个温暖的球,乔治响亮的声音在房间里回荡。
“伤风败俗的家伙,肮脏的杂种,家族的败类,龌龊的孽子……”
“劳驾你把门关上,哈利。”韦斯莱夫人说。
Harry took as much time as he dared to close the drawing-room door; he wanted to listen to what was going on downstairs. Sirius had obviously managed to shut the curtains over his mothers portrait because she had stopped screaming. He heard Sirius walking down the hall, then the clattering of the chain on the front door, and then a deep voice he recognised as Kingsley Shacklebolt's saying,
'Hestia's just relieved me, so she's got Moody's Cloak now, thought I'd leave a report for Dumbledore . . .'
Feeling Mrs Weasley's eyes on the back of his head, Harry regretfully closed the drawing-room door and rejoined the Doxy party.
Mrs Weasley was bending over to check the page on Doxys in Gilderoy Lockhart's Guide to Household Pests, which was lying open on the sofa.
'Right, you lot, you need to be careful, because Doxys bite and their teeth are poisonous. I've got a bottle of antidote here, but I'd rather nobody needed it.'
She straightened up, positioned herself squarely in front of the curtains and beckoned them all forward.
'When I say the word, start spraying immediately,' she said. They'll come flying out at us, I expect, but it says on the sprays one good squirt will paralyse them. When they're immobilized, just throw them in this bucket.'
She stepped carefully out of their line of fire, and raised her own spray.
'All right - squirt!'
哈利大着胆子,尽量拖延关上客厅房门的时间。他想听听楼下的动静。小天狼星显然已经把帷幔拉上盖住了他母亲的肖像,因为老太太不再尖叫了。哈利听见小天狼星走过门厅,然后前门上的链条一阵哗啦啦作响,一个低沉的声音说话了,哈利听出来那是金斯莱·沙克尔。
“海丝佳刚把我替下,现在她穿上了穆迪的斗篷,不过我要给邓布利多留一份报告……”
哈利感觉到韦斯莱夫人的眼睛在盯着他的后脑勺,便只好遗憾地关上客厅的门,重新加入了消灭狐猸子的行列。
韦斯莱夫人俯下身,查看着摊放在沙发上的《吉德罗·洛哈特教你清除家庭害虫》里关于灭狐猸子的那一页。
“听着,你们大家,你们必须格外留神,狐猸子的牙齿是有毒的,被它们叮咬之后会中毒。我这里有一瓶解毒剂,但我情愿没有人需要它。”
她直起身,在窗帘前面摆开架势,示意他们都过去。
“我一发口令,就立刻开始喷。”她说,“我想它们会飞出来攻击我们,但喷雾剂上说,只要足足地喷一下,就能叫它们瘫痪。等它们不能动弹了,就把它们扔进这只桶里。”
她小心地走出大家的喷射范围,举起她自己的喷雾剂。
“预备——喷!”
Harry had been spraying only a few seconds when a fully-grown Doxy came soaring out of a fold in the material, shiny beetle-like wings whirring, tiny needle-sharp teeth bared, its fairy-like body covered with thick black hair and its four tiny fists clenched with fury. Harry caught it full in the face with a blast of Doxycide. It froze in midair and fell, with a surprisingly loud thunk, on to the worn carpet below. Harry picked it up and threw it in the bucket.
'Fred, what are you doing?' said Mrs Weasley sharply. 'Spray that at once and throw it away!'
Harry looked round. Fred was holding a struggling Doxy between his forefinger and thumb.
'Right-o,' Fred said brightly, spraying the Doxy quickly in the face so that it fainted, but the moment Mrs Weasley's back was turned he pocketed it with a wink.
'We want to experiment with Doxy venom for our Skiving Snackboxes,' George told Harry under his breath.
Deftly spraying two Doxys at once as they soared straight for his nose, Harry moved closer to George and muttered out of the corner of his mouth, 'What are Skiving Snackboxes?'
'Range of sweets to make you ill,' George whispered, keeping a wary eye on Mrs Weasley's back. 'Not seriously ill, mind, just ill enough to get you out of a class when you feel like it. Fred and I have been developing them this summer. They're double-ended, colour-coded chews. If you eat the orange half of the Puking Pastilles, you throw up. Moment you've been rushed out of the lesson for the hospital wing, you swallow the purple half - '
哈利刚喷了几秒钟,就有一只成年的狐猸子从窗帘的褶皱里飞了出来,甲虫般亮晶晶的翅膀嗡嗡扇动着,尖针般的小牙齿露在外面,小巧玲珑的身体上布满了浓密的黑毛,四只小拳头愤怒地攥得紧紧的。哈利用狐猸子灭剂将它喷了个正着。它僵在半空中不动了,然后掉在下面满是虫眼的地毯上,当的一声,响得出奇。哈利把它捡起来丢进了桶里。
“弗雷德,你在做什么呢?”韦斯莱夫人严厉地问,“快喷它一下,然后扔掉!”
哈利转过头,看见弗雷德正用大拇指和食指捏住一只不断挣扎的狐猸子。
“好——嘞。”弗雷德欢快地说,迅速地朝那只狐猸子喷了一下,虫子昏了过去,但韦斯莱夫人刚一转身,弗雷德就挤挤眼睛,把虫子装进了口袋。
“我们想用狐猸子的毒液做实验,研制我们的速效逃课糖。”乔治压低声音对哈利说。
哈利敏捷地同时喷中了两只迎面飞来的狐猸子,凑到乔治身边,几乎不动嘴唇地低声问:“什么是速效逃课糖?”
“各种各样让你犯病的糖果,”乔治小声说,一边警惕地留意着韦斯莱夫人的背影,“记住,不是犯重病,而是刚好在你不想上课的时候能让你离开课堂。弗雷德和我这个夏天一直在研制它们。是一种双色口香糖,一头是橘黄色的,另一头是紫色的。如果你吃下这种吐吐糖那橘黄色的一半,你就会呕吐。等你冲出教室到医院去时,你再吞下那紫色的一半——”
' " - which restores you to full fitness, enabling you to pursue the leisure activity of your own choice during an hour that would otherwise have been devoted to unprofitable boredom." That's what we're putting in the adverts, anyway,' whispered Fred, who had edged over out of Mrs Weasley's line of vision and was now sweeping a few stray Doxys from the floor and adding them to his pocket. 'But they still need a bit of work. At the moment our testers are having a bit of trouble stopping themselves puking long enough to swallow the purple end.'
'Testers?'
'Us,' said Fred. 'We take it in turns. George did the Fainting Fancies - we both tried the Nosebleed Nougat - '
'Mum thought we'd been duelling,' said George.
'Joke shop still on, then?' Harry muttered, pretending to be adjusting the nozzle on his spray.
'Well, we haven't had a chance to get premises yet,' said Fred, dropping his voice even lower as Mrs Weasley mopped her brow with her scarf before returning to the attack, 'so we're running it as a mail-order service at the moment. We put advertisements in the Daily Prophet last week.'
'All thanks to you, mate,' said George. 'But don't worry . . . Mum hasn't got a clue. She won't read the Daily Prophet any more, 'cause of it telling lies about you and Dumbledore.'
“‘——它又让你变得活蹦乱跳,使你能够在那一个小时里进行你喜欢的休闲活动,不然那一小时肯定是枯燥乏味、无利可图的。’反正我们的广告词就是这么说的,”他侧着身子移到了韦斯莱夫人看不见的地方,把掉在地上的几只狐猸子划拉到一起,装进了口袋,“但是还需要再做一些工作。目前,我们的试验者吐起来没完没了,无法歇口气吞下紫色的那一半。”
“试验者?”
“我们,”弗雷德说,“我们轮流试验。弗雷德试验昏迷花糖——我们俩还共同试验鼻血牛轧糖——”
“妈妈还以为我们在决斗呢。”乔洽说。
“那么,笑话商店还开着吧?”哈利小声问,一边假装调整喷雾器的喷嘴。
“唉,我们还没有机会去找房子呢,”弗雷德说,把声音压得更低了,这时韦斯莱夫人用围巾擦了擦额头上的汗,又返身投入战斗,“所以我们目前还只是办理邮购业务。上个星期我们在《预言家日报》上登了广告。”
“还得感谢你呢,哥们儿。”乔治说,“不用担心——妈妈什么也不知道。她再也不肯看《预言家日报》了,因为报上尽给你和邓布利多造谣。”
Harry grinned. He had forced the Weasley twins to take the thousand Galleons prize money he had won in the Triwizard Tournament to help them realise their ambition to open a joke shop, but he was still glad to know that his part in furthering their plans was unknown to Mrs Weasley. She did not think running a joke shop was a suitable career for two of her sons.
The de-Doxying of the curtains took most of the morning. It was past midday when Mrs Weasley finally removed her protective scarf, sank into a sagging armchair and sprang up again with a cry of disgust, having sat on the bag of dead rats. The curtains were no longer buzzing; they hung limp and damp from the intensive spraying. At the foot of them unconscious Doxys lay crammed in the bucket beside a bowl of their black eggs, at which Crook-shanks was now sniffing and Fred and George were shooting covetous looks.
'I think we'll tackle (hose after lunch.' Mrs Weasley pointed at the dusty glass-fronted cabinets standing on either side of the mantelpiece. They were crammed with an odd assortment of objects: a selection of rusty daggers, claws, a coiled snakeskin, a number of tarnished silver boxes inscribed with languages Harry could lot understand and, least pleasant of all, an ornate crystal bottle with a large opal set into the stopper, full of what Harry was quite sure was blood.
The clanging doorbell rang again. Everyone looked at Mrs Weasley
哈利咧嘴笑了。他曾经硬要韦斯莱家的这对双胞胎收下他在三强争霸赛中得到的一千加隆,以帮助他们实现开一个笑话商店的雄心壮志,不过让他仍然感到很欣慰的是韦斯莱夫人不知道他资助了双胞胎的计划。韦斯莱夫人认为,对她的两个儿子来说,开一家笑话商店不是一个适合的职业。
消灭窗帘里的狐猸子花了几乎一上午的时间。一直到过了中午,韦斯莱夫人才摘掉防护的围巾,一屁股坐进一张中间凹陷的扶手椅里,紧接着又厌恶地大叫一声,跳了起来——她坐在那一袋死耗子上了。窗帘不再发出嗡嗡的响声了,它们软绵绵地垂着,因为喷了太多的药水而湿漉漉的。在它们的下面,失去知觉的狐猸子密密麻麻地躺在桶里,旁边一只碗里是它们黑色的卵,克鲁克山用鼻子嗅来嗅去,弗雷德和乔治眼热地朝它们望着。
“我想,我们吃过午饭后再来对付那些吧。”韦斯莱夫人指着壁炉架两边布满灰尘的玻璃门柜子,那里面塞满了各种各样的古怪玩意儿:一批锈迹斑斑的短剑、动物的脚爪,一条盘起来的蛇皮,还有一大堆颜色暗淡发乌的银盒子,上面刻着哈利看不懂的文字,最让人不喜欢的是一个装饰用的水晶瓶,塞子上嵌着一块很大的蛋白石,瓶子里盛满了哈利肯定是血的东西。
门铃又丁丁当当地响了起来。大伙儿都望着韦斯莱夫人。
'Stay here,' she said firmly, snatching up the bag of rats as Mrs Blacks screeches started up again from down below. 'I'll bring up some sandwiches.'
She left the room, closing the door carefully behind her. At once, everyone dashed over to the window to look down on the doorstep. They could see the top of an unkempt gingery head and a suck of precariously balanced cauldrons.
'Mundungus!' said Hermione. 'What's he brought all those cauldrons for?'
'Probably looking for a safe place to keep them,' said Harry. 'Isn't that what he was doing the night he was supposed to be tailing me? Picking up dodgy cauldrons?'
'Yeah, you're right!' said Fred, as the front door opened; Mundungus heaved his cauldrons through it and disappeared from view. 'Blimey, Mum won't like that . . .'
He and George crossed to the door and stood beside it, listening closely. Mrs Black's screaming had stopped.
'Mundungus is talking to Sirius and Kingsley,' Fred muttered, frowning with concentration. 'Can't hear properly . . . d'you reckon we can risk the Extendable Ears?'
'Might be worth it,' said George. 'I could sneak upstairs and get a pair - '
But at that precise moment there was an explosion of sound from downstairs that rendered Extendable Ears quite unnecessary. All of them could hear exactly what Mrs Weasley was shouting at the top of her voice.
“待在这儿,”她不容置疑地说,一边一把抓起那袋死耗子,下面又传来了布莱克夫人凄厉刺耳的尖叫声,“我会带一些三明治上来。”
她走出房间,回手把门小心地关上了。立刻,大家都冲到窗口,朝下面的前门台阶望去。他们看见是一个乱蓬蓬的姜黄色头顶,还有一大摞东倒西歪、眼看就要倒下来的坩埚。
“蒙顿格斯!”赫敏说,“他把那么多坩埚带来做什么?”
“大概想找个安全的地方藏起来吧。”哈利说道,“他本该跟踪我的那天晚上,去办的不就是这件事吗?抢购来路不明的坩埚?”
“没错,你说得对!”弗雷德说,这时前门打开了,蒙顿格斯费力地搬着那些坩埚进了门,从他们的视野中消失了。“天哪,妈妈肯定不高兴——”
他和乔治走过去站在房门旁,仔细地听着。布莱克夫人的叫声已经停止了。
“蒙顿格斯在跟小天狼星和金斯莱说话,”弗雷德小声说,同时皱紧眉头专心地听着,“听不太清楚——你说我们可不可以冒险用一次伸缩耳?”
“值得一试,”乔治说,“我可以悄悄上楼拿一副——”
可是就在这个时候,楼下传来爆炸般的声响,伸缩耳变得完全没有必要了。每个人都能清清楚楚地听见韦斯莱夫人扯足嗓子的叫嚷。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表