只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 3039|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 5(下)

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-7-25 10:34:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
Sirius started to rise from his chair.
'Molly, you're not the only person at this table who cares about Harry,' said Lupin sharply. 'Sirius, sit down.'
Mrs Weasleys lower lip was trembling. Sirius sank slowly back into his chair, his face white.
'I think Harry ought to be allowed a say in this,' Lupin continued, 'he's old enough to decide for himself.'
'I want to know what's been going on,' Harry said at once.
He did not look at Mrs Weasley. He had been touched by what she had said about his being as good as a son, but he was also impatient with her mollycoddling. Sirius was right, he was not a child.
'Very well,' said Mrs Weasley, her voice cracking. 'Ginny - Ron - Hermione - Fred - George - I want, you out of this kitchen, now.'
There was instant uproar.
小天狼星忍不住要从椅子上跳起来。
“莫丽,这张桌子旁关心哈利的人不止你一个。”卢平严厉地说,“小天狼星,坐下。”
韦斯莱夫人的下嘴唇颤抖着,小天狼星缓缓跌回椅子上,脸色煞白。
“我认为这件事最好允许哈利发表意见,”卢平接着说,“他年纪不小了,可以自己决定了。”
“我想知道到底发生了什么事情。”哈利立刻说道。
他没有看韦斯莱夫人。刚才韦斯莱夫人说他就像她的亲生儿子一样,他很受感动,但同时他也被韦斯莱夫人对自己的过分溺爱弄得很不耐烦。小天狼星说得对,他已经不是一个小孩子了。
“很好,”韦斯莱夫人说道,伤心得声音都哑了,“金妮——罗恩——赫敏——弗雷德——乔治——我要你们离开这间厨房,马上。”
立刻,屋子里像炸了窝一样。
'We're of age!' Fred and George bellowed together.
'If Harry's allowed, why can't I?' shouted Ron.
'Mum, I want to hear!' wailed Ginny
'NO!' shouted Mrs Weasley, standing up, her eyes overbright. 'I absolutely forbid - '
'Molly you can't stop Fred and George,' said Mr Weasley wearily. They are of age.'
'They're still at school.'
'But they're legally adults now,' said Mr Weasley, in the same tired voice.
Mrs Weasley was now scarlet in the face.
'I - oh, all right then, Fred and George can stay, but Ron - '
“我们已经成年了!”弗雷德和乔治同时嚷道。
“哈利能知道,为什么我就不能?”罗恩大叫。
“妈妈,我也想听听!”金妮尖声喊。
“不行!”韦斯莱夫人大吼一声,腾地站了起来,眼睛里放出奇亮的光芒,“我绝对不允许——”
“莫丽,你不能阻拦弗雷德和乔治,”韦斯莱先生疲倦地说,“他们已经成年了。”
“他们还在上学。”
“但他们是合法的成年人了。”韦斯莱先生还是用那疲倦的声音说。
韦斯莱夫人的脸这时涨得通红。
“我——哦,好吧,弗雷德和乔治可以留下来,但是罗恩——”
'Harry'll tell me and Hermione everything you say anyway!' said Ron hotly. 'Won't - won't you?' he added uncertainly, meeting Harry's eyes.
For a split second, Harry considered telling Ron that he wouldn't tell him a single word, that he could try a taste of being kept in the dark and see how he liked it. But the nasty impulse vanished as they looked at each other.
'Course I will,' Harry said.
Ron and Hermione beamed.
'Fine!' shouted Mrs Weasley. 'Fine! Ginny - BED!'
Ginny did not go quietly. They could hear her raging and storming at her mother all the way up the stairs, and when she reached the hall Mrs Blacks ear-splitting shrieks were added to the din. Lupin hurried off to the portrait: to restore calm. It was only after he had returned, closing the kitchen door behind him and taking his seat at the table again, that Sirius spoke.
'OK, Harry . . . what do you want to know?'
Harry took a deep breath and asked the question that had obsessed him for the last month.
“反正哈利会把你们所说的一切都告诉我和赫敏的!”罗恩愤愤不平地说,“你——会吗?”他迎住哈利的目光,没有把握地追问了一句。
刹那间,哈利想对罗恩说他一个字也不会告诉他,也让他尝尝披蒙在鼓里的滋味,看看好受不好受。但是当两人目光相对时,他那种小心眼的冲动一下子就消失了。
“我当然会的。”哈利说。
罗恩和赫敏顿时喜上眉梢。
“很好!”韦斯莱夫人大声喝道,“很好!金妮——上床睡觉!”
金妮并不是乖乖离开的。他们听见她上楼时一路冲她妈妈连喊带叫,大发脾气。到了门厅里,布莱克夫人又发出震耳欲聋的尖叫,使喧闹声变得更加无法忍受。卢平赶紧冲到那幅肖像前去使它恢复了平静。等他回来返身关上厨房的门,重新在桌子旁坐下后,小天狼星这才开口说话。
“好吧,哈利——你想知道什么?”
哈利深深吸了口气,问出了最近一个月来一直困扰着他的那个问题。
'Where's Voldemort?' he said, ignoring the renewed shudders and winces at the name. 'What's he doing? I've been trying to watch the Muggle news, and there hasn't been anything that looks like him yet, no funny deaths or anything.'
That's because there haven't been any funny deaths yet,' said Sirius, 'not as far as we know, anyway . . . and we know quite a let.'
'More than he thinks we do, anyway,' said Lupin.
'How come he's stopped killing people?' Harry asked. He knew Voldemort had murdered more than once in the last year alone.
'Because he doesn't want to draw attention to himself,' said Sirius. 'It would be dangerous for him. His comeback didn't come off quite the way he wanted it to, you see. He messed it up.'
'Or rather, you messed it up for him,' said Lupin, with a satisfied smile.
'How?' Harry asked, perplexed.
'You weren't supposed to survive!' said Sirius. 'Nobody apart from his Death Eaters was supposed to know he'd come back. But you survived to bear witness.'
“伏地魔在哪儿?”他问,别人听到这个名字又是一阵战栗和畏缩,但他只当没看见,“他在做什么?我一直在想办法看麻瓜的新闻,但没有发现他的一点蛛丝马迹,没有人蹊跷地死去,什么也没有发生。”
“那是因为到现在为止还没有人蹊跷地死去,”小天狼星说,“反正据我们所知是这样——而我们知道不少情况。”
“至少他没想到我们会知道得这么多。”卢平说。
“他怎么会停止杀人呢?”哈利问。他知道伏地魔光是去年就不止一次地杀过人。
“因为他不想引起别人对他的注意,”小天狼星说,“那对他来说是很危险的。你知道,他这次回来并不像他所希望的那样顺利。他的安排被打乱了。”
“或者说,是你打乱了他的安排。”卢平说着,脸上露出满意的微笑。
“怎么会呢?”哈利困惑不解地问。
“你本来不应该活下来的!”小天狼星说,“除了他的食死徒,谁都不应该知道他已经回来了。而你活下来成了证人。”
'And the very last person he wanted alerted to his return the moment he got back was Dumbledore,' said Lupin. 'And you made sure Dumbledore knew at once.'
'How has that helped?' Harry asked.
'Are you kidding?' said Bill incredulously. 'Dumbledore was the only one You-Know-Who was ever scared of!'
Thanks to you, Dumbledore was able to recall the Order of the Phoenix about an hour after Voldemort returned,' said Sirius.
'So, what's the Order been doing?' said Harry, looking around at them all.
'Working as hard as we can to make sure Voldemort can't carry out his plans,' said Sirius.
'How d'you know what his plans are?' Harry asked quickly.
'Dumbledore's got a shrewd idea,' said Lupin, 'and Dumbledore's shrewd ideas normally turn out to be accurate.'
'So what does Dumbledore reckon he's planning?'
“他最不希望他一回来就对他保持警惕的人是邓布利多,”卢平说,“而你确保了邓布利多立刻就知道了这件事。”
“那又有什么用呢?”哈利问。
“你在开玩笑吗?”比尔不敢相信地说,“邓布利多是神秘人有生以来惟一害怕的人!”
“多亏了你,邓布利多才能够在伏地魔回来后不到一小时就重新召集了凤凰社。”小天狼星说。
“那么,凤凰社一直在做些什么呢?”哈利问道,挨个儿望着大家。
“尽我们最大的努力,确保伏地魔无法实施他的计划。”小天狼星说。
“你们怎么知道他的计划是什么呢?”哈利立刻问道。
“邓布利多有一个敏锐的感觉,”卢平说,“而邓布利多的敏锐感觉一般都被证明是准确的。”
“那么邓布利多认为他的计划是什么呢?”

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表